Well Spanked Bot

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Spanko Blogs

I was reading the latest Spanko Brunch over at Bonnie's blog tonight about how often people read Spanko blogs and how many they read.

I then came across this post on the Pleasure of being a Spanked Wife blog about how few comments they seem to get.

It sort of got me thinking and feeling guilty at the same time.

I started my blog in good faith a while ago.
My partner and I were taking our first tentative steps down the path of a spanking relationship and we learned a lot from the blogs we were reading at the time.

He wanted us to set up a blog of our own, in which we could document our discoveries.

Since beginning the blog however, my career within my vanilla life has changed quite a bit. This has meant that not only do I not have as much time to blog as I would like, but we also don't have as much time to play as I would like.

Frustrating? - Very much so!

However, I use statcounter to see how many people are reading this blog, and I see that although my posts are quite infrequent, I still get a lot of regular readers.

That is where the guilt starts in.
Luckily, my vanilla life is settling down a bit now and I'm hoping to be able to post on my own blog a bit more, as well as being able to contribute to the others.

One thing I have done, is re-read and pay a lot of attention to the posts Bonnie has created with advice on how to create a good blog, and keep readers interested.
Bonnie's advice posts can be found here, here and here.

Anyway, apologies for the lack of recent posts, but we have a lot of playtime planned over the next few weeks so I will keep you all up to date.

WSB.

x

6 Comments:

  • At 1:45 AM, Blogger Tiggs said…

    Hi! I just wandered onto your blog this evening and had a nice long look around... I really like it here and will definitely be back! As to the commenting issues, no worries. We all have ebbs and flows on our blogging time and especially on our posting and commenting time... we are all ratehr like ocean waves, ebbing and flowing on our own yet linked together through the universal bond of cyberspanko blogs!

    Big hugs... glad I found you!
    Tiggr
    A Spanking Good Time
    http://aspankinggoodtime.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 1:49 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Thank you for checking out my blog and yes I too know have statcounter. I look forward to reading thru your blog as soon as a get a chance and plan to put you on my links list.

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger beau said…

    Look forward to hearing more from you - and perhaps some more pictures?

    B xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

     
  • At 3:29 AM, Blogger Bonnie said…

    WSB,

    I think it's important to define success in your own terms. The best blog isn't necessarily the one with the most frequent posts. Nor is it the one with the most readers. If you satisfy yourself first, the chances are excellent that readers will love your blog too.

    No apologies are necessary. You're doing fine. Blog when you can. We'll be watching for it.

    Hugs,
    Bonnie

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger Darklord said…

    i'm watching for upcoming posts too! Your posts are always worth waiting for...

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger wellspankedbot said…

    Thanks Guys!

    There are a couple of posts on the way very soon!

    WSB.
    x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home